4/07/2011

Back Pain Info:I recently been diagnosed with emphysema and wake up with high back pain after sleeping a short time.?


I recently been diagnosed with emphysema and wake up with high back pain after sleeping a short time.?Is this part of my emphysema or something else keeping me awake at night.

Answer by john doe
it is most likely caused by your condition. see if you can get a prescription for medical oxygen, and sleep sitting slightly more upright and see if that happens

Answer by Kat
Emphysema is a primary disease of the lungs. Your lungs are compromised so I can see your back pain. Much like sleep apnea you cannot sleep without several pillows.You might ask your doctor for a mild sleep aid like Ambien. It is quite safe and you don't have that morning drowsiness. It is certainly difficult to balance a good nights sleep with Oxygen and having a mask on your face.

Answer by Karen
I have sever emphysema and have back pain daily and often. My doctor tells me the pain is muscle spasms. You may want to talk to your doctor regarding maybe taking muscle relaxants. Depending on the stage you are in , consult your doctor before taking any sleep aids and any medication and herbal supplements.

I hope this is helpful and you are welcome to email me any time as i know this disease usually leaves us with daily questions. I can offer some answers from the stand patients perspective.

Be as active as you can daily. Research exercises that will help strengthen the back and or torso muscles.

Good luck and good breathing.


Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Get information about back pain, lower back pain, neck pain, and sciatica, and learn about back pain causes, treatments, and medications.
Gobackpain Back Pain Health Center – Information and News About Back Pain

Orignal From: Back Pain Info:I recently been diagnosed with emphysema and wake up with high back pain after sleeping a short time.?

No comments:

Post a Comment