4/08/2011

severe back pain during pregnancy?


severe back pain during pregnancy?I'm 25 weeks pregnant and have had back pain for the past 2 weeks. It's worse when I get out of bed in the middle of the night. Sometimes I can't even walk after getting out of bed. Is it normal to have back pain this severe? Also, I've been having some vaginal pain, but it's not that bad... it just feels sore. Could that be part of the round ligament pain? If any other women experienced this during pregnancy please let me know if it's normal or not.
I don't think it's a sign of early labor. I've been like this for 2 or 3 weeks and have no other signs of early labor. I'll still let my doctor know though... just in case.

Answer by motroo
IF you are having pain in your back you should contact your Dr. ASAP! It could just be how the baby is laying in you, that pinches a nerve, it could also be signs of early labor. you should call your Dr.

Answer by Pipit
I am in my 3rd pregnancy and had various severe types of pains with the first 2. Round ligament pain is usually at the top front of the thigh/groin area and can be intense. Pain there can also be caused by the pubic bone being displaced. But your pain sounds different. In my case I received care from an excellent chiropractor (with 6 kids!) and that alleviated most of the pain. He also had me walking and doing other strengthening exercises to help keep things in place, as well as wrapping a tight leather belt around my lower hips to keep them in place. It all worked well for me, but mine was hip and cramp-like pain, so bad I couldn't walk. If your OB doesn't have a good answer, try a chiropractor but make sure they have experience with pregnancy :-)

Answer by ashmaytey123
it think its normal.

Answer by irinka_o_2001
You should talk to your doctor regardless, but alot of times back pain in pregnancy is caused by the extra weight you're carrying, even if it's not alot. Your body is not used to it, the weight is not proportionally set, so it responds that way. You should get checked out though just to rule out any medical conditions or early labor.

Answer by mommy of 1 and expecting twins!
I am intrested to see the answers you get. I am 26w with twins and started having severe back pain over the weekend. I sit all day and type but try to get up when I can. If I try to flip over to my back in bed at night I could just cry because the pain is un-bear-a-ble! I have an appointment tomorrow so I am going to ask the doctor about that. And the sore parts down below I have been feeling that as well and it is the wierdest thing! I don't understand that either. Unless my babies are just really low and putting too much pressure down there. I hope you get some good answers! Congrats and good luck :)


Add your own answer in the comments! Get information about back pain, lower back pain, neck pain, and sciatica, and learn about back pain causes, treatments, and medications.
Gobackpain Back Pain Health Center – Information and News About Back Pain

Orignal From: severe back pain during pregnancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment