4/07/2011

Please read back pain, scoliosis, work, disability?


Please read back pain, scoliosis, work, disability?I have scoliosis but unsure about the degree of the angle, though my spine is shaped like a J. I was told about it 4 years ago but not actually diagnosed cause I was there for bronchitis. The doctor said any pain I had could get worse. Well since then I can tell that the pain has progressed and causing me problems now. I can only sit or stand in a position for bout 10 minutes before my back starts hurting. I can't walk very far without pain. Cleaning house is even hard to do. I used to work in child care but unable to do that now. I volunteer in school office, being allowed to sit or stand, but even with all the moving around it really bothers me and I can only help out about an hour or two before I have to go home and lay down to rest my back. I had alot of breathing problems the past couple years the doc says it sounds like asthma but its not when I'm just active its even when I'm in bed at night, which make me wonder if its from the scoliosis. I have trouble sleeping because of tossing and turning to make my back comfy. I'm planning on scheduling an appt with the dr to check my back. Is there anything I can do exercise wise or something to help my back? Should I be thinking about disability? I was planning on going to work in the school system but can't with this problem. Im 28 now and live in VA. Also my memory seems to be getting worse and I am fatigued alot. Thanks for any info.

Answer by sweet libra
I have scoliosis but mine's not that debilitating. My 1st chiropractor suggested I start doing things w/ my left hand/arm more b/c my muscles on my left side were underdeveloped which meant my right side muscles were pulling my spine in that direction. I had to start lifting weights and had to do an extra set of reps just w/ my left arm. It helped quite a bit, but not 100%. My 2nd chiropractor said I had to have surgery and wouldn't be able to have kids w/o it, but I've had 3 children and only had a few problems w/ the weight of my belly pulling on my spine. My 3rd chiropractor made me go for adjustments 3x a week for a year and I don't feel that did an ounce of good except put a dent in my wallet. ($ 20 copay each time) Out of all of those experiences, the only thing that brought me relief was the weight lifting. A girl in my high school ended up getting the surgery to put a titanium rod in her back and she was so excited b/c it made her 2" taller. LOL (She's a very short girl to begin w/.) She's never had any real problems since and has had 2 children afterwards. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Answer by Gregory
With back pain since 1984 I understand. First pain meds are ok but the powerful ones are hard to get off of. No pain no brain. You should see a doctor and let him run blood test to see if there is anything else wrong. I did this because my doctor wanted to make sure I did not have MS or something else. All was clean just no cartlege left and bad disks. Do not go to a ciropractor! This can leave you parilized. Surgery can cause more problems than it is worth and I personaly would not do it. Its the cards you are delt with. I use the teater todder that inverts you and helps reduce the pain. Ask your doctor first.


What do you think? Answer below! Get information about back pain, lower back pain, neck pain, and sciatica, and learn about back pain causes, treatments, and medications.
Gobackpain Back Pain Health Center – Information and News About Back Pain

Orignal From: Please read back pain, scoliosis, work, disability?

No comments:

Post a Comment