4/07/2011

Random bursts of sharp lower back pain in what feels like base of spine, cause?


Random bursts of sharp lower back pain in what feels like base of spine, cause?I'm 17 and i randomly get a sharp stabbing pain in my lower back in what feels like the base of my spine if i bend forward or lean my body a certain way. I'm wondering what the potential causes of pain like this are, and what i can do to fix it!

Answer by cones43
I have it too. tell me when you get an answer

Answer by Macgirl
My back went out last year and every once in a while my back hurts like that. I get stuck in a spot and I need to move/get up in a different way than nomal. The doc said that I suffer from a bad back....and theres nothing I can do but take pain killers and muscle spasim pills. good luck..it sucks feeling old when youre not. I'm only 23 :(

Answer by beach_babe in the desert
You are too young to have to worry about a bad back! Start some core training and strengthen that back and even though you have heard it before always lift with your legs and NOT your back. I have a "bulging disc" that flares up and I wish I had listened when I was 17!! "Aleve" is a good pain relief med for joint and back pain. Take care!!

Answer by Derrick B
Well I can help you with your lower back problems since I have been dealing with back problems for 4 years and I'm 26 y/o male. Is your sharp pain strictly in your back? Does it go down in to you buttocks region or part of your legs? If you have pain that goes in to your legs, its a bulge disc or herniated disc. The difference is the bulge disc has yet to collapse the fluid from the spine, so the herniated disc is the worse because it can strictly compress on the nerve in that region which will cause sharp nerve pain down certain part of your leg. Like me for instance, I have L4-L5, L5-S1 disc herniation, where my pain goes down the outside of my legs, and its very excruiciating. But if you do not have any pain going down your legs, then its only muscles, but you need to take it easy, because if you don't you are putting more pressure on your discs, and it will lead to bulging disc or herniated disc. You don't want that, because you will live with that for the rest of your life. I had L5-S1 discectomy, and it did not help at all. Now my neuro surgeon wanted to fuse the L4-L5, and L5-S1 disc with 6 metal screws, and two metal rods but I did not do the surgery due to it was a 50/50 chance it can get worse. So I live with my back pain, and it's hard because you make the vicodins, the percocets, prednizone meds habit. Those meds can ruin your liver but are the only meds that really help the back. You can try neurontin, but for me I am allergic to it. Best result to see if you have an herniated disc is an MRI, or a discogram. And if you have a discrogram done, be prepared for the longest 40 minutes excruicating pain of your life. They have to inject really big needles into your disc, and they can only numb your skin, and cannot give you any kind of pain meds or sedative during it so they know exactly where you are hurting in the disc space. But once they are done, they will dope you up pretty well, but during the procedure, it was the worse pain ever. So if your back does not get better, and you get leg pain, you need to see your PCP immediately to get an MRI done. Good luck with that, I hope you didn't do what I did, because if so, it's with you forever unless they come out with some good treatment for it in the future.


Add your own answer in the comments! Get information about back pain, lower back pain, neck pain, and sciatica, and learn about back pain causes, treatments, and medications.
Gobackpain Back Pain Health Center – Information and News About Back Pain

Orignal From: Random bursts of sharp lower back pain in what feels like base of spine, cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment